Registering a death
Who is eligible to register the death?
• A relative of the deceased who was present at the death
• A relative of the deceased who has been in attendance during the last illness
• A relative of the deceased, residing or being in the sub-district where the death occurred
• A person present at the death
• The occupier if he knew of the happening of the death, e.g. matron or warden in residential establishments
• The person arranging and paying for the disposal of the body
What documents are required?
What questions will I be asked?
• The date and place of death
• The full name and surname, and any previous names
• Their date of birth and where they were born
• Occupation or occupation before retirement
• Their address
• Your name and address